Fall Show 2006 Coming
The Vicksburg Art Association is hosting its Twenty-sixth Annual Mississippi Exhibition October 28-November 1, 2006.
(Click to download and print the Prospectus)
All artists at least 18 years old who are VAA members or residents of Mississippi are invited to
2. Each artist may enter a total of three (3) pieces in the following categories:
Acrylic • Drawing • Fiber • Mixed-Media • Photograph-Color
3. Flat work must not exceed 48 inches by 48 inches, including the frame, and 75 pounds. All work must be framed, with no exposed glass or raw edges, and ready for hanging (with picture wire only - no sawtooth hangers.) An entry label should be attached to the back of each piece in the lower right corner.
4. Three-dimensional work must not exceed 48 inches by 48 inches and 100 pounds. An entry label should be attached to each piece in an appropriate spot.
5. All work must be original to the entering artist, not more than 2 years old, and not have been shown in a previous VAA competitive show. Copies of other works will not be accepted, nor will anything made from commercial kits, molds, or designs.
6. A l l w o r k m u s t b e f o r s a l e . A 15% commission will be retained by the VAA on all sales, including the Purchase Awards. Payment will be made to the VAA, which will issue payment to the artist.
7. All work must be hand delivered to the Constitution Firehouse Gallery, Main and Openwood Streets, according to the schedule. No work will be released prior to the official closing of the show.
8. All precautions will be exercised in the handling of art submitted to the show. However, the VAA assumes no responsibility for any work beyond that of normal good care and will not be responsible for work that is not picked up during the scheduled times. Work left beyond final pickup day will be subject to a $1 per day fee.
9. The VAA reserves the right to photograph work for publicity purposes, to refuse any entry and to reassign categories.
Oct. 21, Sat........Registration: 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Oct. 23, Mon.....Registration: 4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Oct. 28, Sat.............................Reception: 8:00 p.m.
Oct. 29 Sun.........Show hours: 1:00 p.m - 4:00 p.m.
Oct. 30, Mon....Show hours: 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Oct. 31 Tue......Show hours: 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Nov. 1, Wed.....Show hours 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
(all work must remain in show until 4p.m , Wed. Nov. 1 )
Nov 1, Wed..............Pick-up 4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Nov. 4, Sat.............Pick-up 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.*
*Work left beyond this date will be subject to a $1 per day fee.
For more information call 638-9221