Fall Show Coming
Vicksburg Art Association
Mississippi Artists Exhibition
October 28, 2009
Old Constitution Firehouse
1204 Main Street
The Vicksburg Art Association is hosting its Twenty-ninth Annual Mississippi Exhibition October 24 - 28, 2009.
All artists at least 18 years old who are VAA members or residents of Mississippi are invited to participate.
Best-in-Show will be awarded $500. Ribbons will be awarded to 1st place, 2nd place, 3rd place, and Honorable Mentions in each category according to the discretion of the judge.
Purchase awards are being pledged by individuals, businesses and organizations in the community.
Rules of Entry
1. Entry fees are $15.00 for current members. Those who want to join or renew their membership may pay the $15.00 entry fee if they also pay the $15.00 membership fee.
2. Each artist may enter a total of three (3) pieces in the following categories:
Oil • Watercolor • Print • Three-Dimensional • Photograph-Monochrome
Acrylic • Drawing • Fiber • Mixed-Media • Photograph-Color
3. Flat work must not exceed 48 inches by 48 inches, including the frame, and 75 pounds. All work must be framed, with no exposed glass or raw edges, and ready for hanging (with picture wire only - no sawtooth hangers.) An entry label should be attached to the back of each piece in the lower right corner.
4. Three-dimensional work must not exceed 48 inches by 48 inches and 100 pounds. An entry label should be attached to each piece in an appropriate spot.
5. All work must be original to the entering artist, not more than 2 years old, and not have been shown in a previous VAA competitive show. Copies of other works will not be accepted, nor will anything made from commercial kits, molds, or designs.
6. All work must be for sale. A 15% commission will be retained by the VAA on all sales, including the Purchase Awards. Payment will be made to the VAA, which will issue payment to the artist.
7. All work must be hand delivered to the Constitution Firehouse Gallery, Main and Openwood Streets,
according to the schedule. No work will be released prior to the official closing of the show.
8. All precautions will be exercised in the handling of art submitted to the show. However, the VAA assumes no responsibility for any work beyond that of normal good care and will not be responsible for work that is not picked up during the scheduled times. Work left beyond final pickup day will be subject to a $1 per day fee.
9. The VAA reserves the right to photograph work for publicity purposes, to refuse any entry and to reassign categories.
Oct. 17, Sat.......Registration: 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Oct. 19, Mon.....Registration: 4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Oct. 24, Sat.............................Reception: 8:00 p.m.
Oct. 25 Sun.........Show hours: 1:00 p.m - 4:00 p.m.
Oct. 26, Mon....Show hours: 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Oct. 27 Tue......Show hours: 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m
Oct. 28, Wed.....Show hours: 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
(all work must remain in show until 4 p.m , Wed. Oct. 28)
Oct. 28, Wed..............Pick-up: 4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Oct. 31, Sat...............Pick-up: 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.*
*Work left beyond this date will be subject to a $1 per day fee.
For more information call (601) 638-9221